The EXAscan brings needed speed, ease-of-use and unprecedented versatility to 3D Scanning. Scan any object in the tightest spaces and do it in real-time with one continuous scan.
Simply connect the system to your laptop with FireWire™. Add the reflective targets to the object. Then quickly calibrate and start scanning within minutes. The software creates a polygon mesh of the object’s surface in real-time — so you can see what has and has not been scanned as you go. Increase the scan resolution on the fly to scan the tightest spaces or most detailed areas.
Conventional scanners require fixed-position tripods, bulky mechanical arms, or external positioning devices that must be within the line of sight of the target surface. So hard-to-reach objects are nearly impossible to scan and extensive post-processing is needed to stitch multiple scans into one.
The EXAscan captures a complete scan all at once — with all the mobility that comes with a handheld device.
Speed, Versatility and Ease of use for…
- Reverse Engineering Speed, accuracy and ease-of-use for aftermarket product design
- Packaging Design Create custom packaging by scanning product samples for exact geometry and texture data
- Ergonomic Design Readily scan hand-crafted samples to produce complex designs from scratch
- Digital Archiving Save money by storing tooling, samples and prototypes digitally
- Digital Media, Gaming & Animation Create digital media for computer games and movies from artist’s concept models
- Arts & Cultural Heritage Produce high-resolution, low-impact scans for accurate restorations and reconstructions of priceless artwork and architecture. Document, research and even replicate great works for transportation, packaging, museum shops and historical archiving.
3D High Resolution Scanner
EXAscan has all the capabilities of the REVscan plus higher resolution and accuracy suitable for demanding 3D inspection applications as well as reverse engineering, design, manufacturing, digital mockups and simulations.